Valles Mines, Missouri, U S A
Founded in 1749 by Francois Valle years before he became Commandante of the Fort of Sainte Genevieve and The King of Spain made him Don Francois Valle for saving their Fort San Carlos (now St. Louis).
270 years later as The Valle Mining Company, his 4000+ acre property every year absorbs 21,000 tons of carbon dioxide and puts out 14,000 tons of oxygen, enough to meet the needs of 63,000 people. [USDA Forest Facts]
Site Map

You Are Here:  Home : Sightseeing By Car : 1914 All-Oak House

1914 All-Oak House

1914 All-Oak House - 14161 Valles Mines School Road OAK: An amazing material, oak. The framing and 3/4" X 6" siding was sawn from local trees. After 72 years the siding only needed replacement on the south side where direct sunlight pitted it through. Try that with vinyl.

ROOF: The roof is the original galvanized steel. The front porch addition, added during the rehab of 1986, continued the original roof in matching detail.

HISTORY: This house has been in continous occupation since 1914, 101+ years ago.