Valles Mines, Missouri, U S A
Founded in 1749 by Francois Valle in the French Upper Louisiana before Lewis and Clark. 275 years later the Valle Mining Company's 4000+ acre property every year absorbs 21,000 tons of carbon dioxide and generates
14,000 tons of oxygen, enough to meet the needs of 63,000 people. [USDA Forest Facts]
Skip Navigation Links
Home
General Store
Directory
Main Street
Mining Heritage
Mining Museum
Lost History Museum
Weather
Miner News

In Memory of Marguerite Valle, daughter of Francois Valle by his Indian companion.

Green lines = Roads

The thick green line marks the proposed and flagged "Marguerite's Alley".
The dashed green line labelled "Cemetery Road" goes uphill to the Bisch-Townsend cemetery.

Red lines = Shops

5 proposed Shop Buildings shown inside the red outline. The Alley itself, now cleared, runs behind the General Store/Lost History Museum.
The Bisch-Townsend Cemetery The "Cem" shown on this map marks the Bisch-Townsend Cemetery. Access to "Cemetery Road" from the County Road (shown by the dotted green line) was cut off when Valles Mines School Road was paved. While this cemetery had its last burial in 1965, the new culvert to date has cut off many families coming to visit their member's graves. [Last visitor: 07-03-2023]

Other proposed improvements

  • To avoid the steep road down from the Cemetery, Cemetery Road joins the Alley
  • The Alley would join Valles Mines School Road safely with improved sight lines on flatter ground

Can you find the five proposed Shops inside the red outline below?"

Bisch-Townsend Cemetery behind Marguerite Alley