Valles Mines, Missouri, U S A
Founded in 1749 by Francois Valle. 274 years later, now The Valle Mining Company, his 4000+ acre property every year absorbs 21,000 tons of carbon dioxide and puts out 14,000 tons of oxygen, enough to meet the needs of 63,000 people. [USDA Forest Facts]
Skip Navigation Links
Home : Sights Directory

The old Main Street: Memorable Sites on Valles Mines School Road

South From the Interchange
Street #ExhibitLink
14100Chatpile Beneficiator RuinsAerial View
14102Churchhouse RuinsLink
14104Furnace Tender's CabinLink
14106Smelter's Ingot Molds' Cooling-Water DamMap
14108Smelter Chimney & Scotch Hearth RuinsLink
14109Charcoal Hillside Kiln for the Smelter
14111Marguerite's Alley - Rue MargotLink
14115Settlement Log Cabin at 14115Link
14116The Paymaster's OfficeLink
14117The Old General Store/Architecural Repository [George & Martha Washington Brooks Log House]Link
14118The Haul Road From the Rocky Digs MineMap
14119Bar-B-Q Shack with Upstairs Apt. (Proposed)Link
14120Artesian Well/Architectural Repository [Vuille and Casey Log Houses]Link
14121Antique Shop with Upstairs Apt. (Proposed)Link
14122Rozier House RuinsLink
14123Book Shop with Upstairs Apt. (Proposed)Link
14124Valles Mines Post Office Ruins
14125Ice Cream Shop with Upstairs Apt. (Proposed)Link
14127Computer Repair Shop with Upstairs Apt. (Proposed)Link
14150Bicentennial Oak TreeLink
14160The Mule Barn Ruins/Tractor ShedLink
14161Rehab: The Last Miner's Cabin - 1914Link
14169The Boarding House Ruins and The Rock Road Aerial View
14171The Valles Mines School Ruins Aerial View
The Valles Mines Airport (Proposed)Link
Anyone Can Fish (With A Permit)Link

Proposed Shops Locations Map