Valles Mines, Missouri, U S A
Founded in 1749 by Francois Valle in the French Upper Louisiana before Lewis and Clark. 275 years later the Valle Mining Company's 4000+ acre property every year absorbs 21,000 tons of carbon dioxide and generates
14,000 tons of oxygen, enough to meet the needs of 63,000 people. [USDA Forest Facts]
Skip Navigation Links
Home
General Store
Directory
Main Street
Mining Heritage
Mining Museum
Lost History Museum
Weather
Miner News

Memorable Sites at Valles Mines

on the main street of Old Town

AddressName 
14027Ore-Washer and Beneficiator Ruins, "The Chatpile" Click Here
14101Dam #3 Ruins from WW II Ore Washer Click Here
14102ChurchHouse Ruins Click Here
14103Smelter Chimney Ruins Click Here
14104Furnace Tender's Cabin Click Here
14106Dam #4 -Cooling water for Smelter's ingot molds Click Here
14115Lost History Museum Click Here
14116Paymaster's Office Click Here
14117Company Store Click Here
14120Artesian Well Click Here
14122Rozier House Ruins Click Here
14150BiCentennial Oak Tree Click Here
14160Tractor Shed ("The Sound Check") Click Here
14161Last Miner's Cabin Click Here