Valles Mines, Missouri, U S A
Founded in 1749 by Francois Valle in the French Upper Louisiana before Lewis and Clark. 275 years later the Valle Mining Company's 4000+ acre property every year absorbs 21,000 tons of carbon dioxide and generates
14,000 tons of oxygen, enough to meet the needs of 63,000 people. [USDA Forest Facts]
Skip Navigation Links
Home
General Store
Directory
Main Street
Mining Heritage
Mining Museum
Lost History Museum
Weather
Miner News

Roads and interior sites

Valles Mines Road

  •  Upper Lake (Lake Mina)
  •  Beaver Lake Wildlife Preserve
  •  Railroad Right of Way to Tunnel Station Village Ruins & Cemetery
  •  Garottee Mines Road to the Eminence/Gasconade Rock shelf
  •  Selma Road (late 1700's haul road out of the Lead Belt)
  •  Drusy Quartz mineral pits (permit req'd)
  •  Hillsboro-Farmington Road
  •  Buster Crossing
  •  Y Highway (begins at Buster Crossing)
  •  French Village - Halifax Road
  •  Calzine Zinc furnace site and digs
  •  Finney Creek
  •  Flint Rock Mound (where Indians braves made their spearpoints)
  •  Valles Mines-Ste. Genevieve Road ("The Rock Road")
  •  Look Out Mountain Vista (see 5 ridges)