Valles Mines, Missouri, U S A
Founded in 1749 by Francois Valle in the French Upper Louisiana before Lewis and Clark. 275 years later the Valle Mining Company's 4000+ acre property every year absorbs 21,000 tons of carbon dioxide and generates
14,000 tons of oxygen, enough to meet the needs of 63,000 people. [USDA Forest Facts]
Skip Navigation Links
General Store
Main Street
Mining Heritage
Mining Museum
Lost History Museum
Miner News

You're riding side by side with a friend when they say,

We're going where?

Horse Trails & Features

What we offer:

  •  The old town Main Street of Valles Mines with its Artesian Well
  •  North-South: 3.5 miles to the Haunted Railroad Tunnel on the abandoned MR & BT Railway right-of-way. With no tracks or ties left it's mostly flatand 100 ft. wide
  •  East-West: the abandoned "Hillsboro-Farmington" county road from Buster Crossing up to the Crowbar Shaft with its vista,
  •  The Rock Road: serving haul roads from over 100 mines from near the Valles Mines General Store and the Artesian Well over Lake Mina's 39 foot tall dam, formerly the Selma Road
  •  permanent logging roads
  •  variety, from two 10-acre lakes up to Hill 1133, the highest hill in the county and a "center of cyclonic activity".

For Mule People


Trail Riding